I would like to thank Lola at Hush, Lola! for nominating me for the Liebster Award. If you’re not familiar with Lola’s blog, check out her nifty posts about science, art and interesting facts. She actually nominated me two weeks ago, but it took me awhile to figure out all the elevenses of the rules (see below) and to come up with my own questions. Before Lola tagged me. I was not familiar with the Leibster award/meme/phenomenon. Despite its chain letter-like appearance, it seems to be an entertaining way to expand one’s online community. So if I’ve tagged you, play along if you like. If you’re not inclined, don’t worry 🙂
The rules of this award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions set by them.
3. Give 11 additional facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
5. Create 11 questions for them to answer.
6. Let them know that they have been nominated.
Lola’s Questions and my Answers:
1. Do you remember your dreams? And if so, what is your most vivid?
Sometimes. I have a recurring type of dream where I’m still in high school, but at my current age (like “Strangers with Candy.”) I can’t figure out why I still have to be there for remedial reasons even though I have a graduate degrees.
2. When did you last laugh and what/who at?
Today, at my ten month old nephew, whom I am babysitting this week. That kid is hilarious.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
In a communal housing arrangement. Possibly in the forest. Or the desert. With chickens and goats.
4. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I’m not such a fan of buying things, per se. I think I would pay back student loans, give a chunk to my parents to fix up their house (for contributing 25 plus years of wear and tear), and open a really innovative non-profit of some kind.
5. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Mandatory empathy training.
6. Are you listening to music right now? If so, what is it?
Today, I have Ernie from Sesame Street singing “I don’t want to live on the moon” in a recurring loop as an earworm. I just learned to play it on my ukulele.
7. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Where am I? (Not that I’m in the habit of waking up in strange people’s beds, I just have been traveling a lot lately.)
8. Is the glass half empty or half full? Explain.
That depends. Are we going to have to clean it up if it spills?
9. What’s under your bed?
Lost socks, dust bunnies, overdue library books.
10. What do you do most when you are bored?
Play with Goodreads’ Recommendations Algorithm.
11. How are you feeling right now?
Spaced-out, determined and a little anxious.
Eleven additional facts about me:
1. My hair is currently red, due to assistance from the nice lady at the salon. It is almost, but not quite, my natural color.
2. I am a (very) locally renowned authority on red wiggler worm-bins.
3. I used to want a pet llama, but then I realized they don’t appreciate being hugged. I have a stuffed toy llama instead.
4. I keep coming up with wacky ideas for crafty things to sell on Etsy (crocheted chromosomes! upcycled envelopes! Tea Cozies for Mason Jars!), but don’t have the patience to create enough volume of any one thing for it to make sense.
5. I purchased kid-sized Chaco sandals last week at REI – which was a little embarrassing (the ladies size 6 were too large)- but at half the price of the adult sandals.
6. I really like preparing my own tax returns.
7. I am the oldest child. This may be related to my bossiness.
8. I like organizing other people’s stuff much more than organizing my own.
9. I am learning to play the ukulele. Its name is Red Flea and I bought it almost 2 years ago at the Magic Fluke Ukulele Factory in Sheffield, MA.
10. I love being outside, but am into serious sun protection: I wear long sleeves, long pants and a wide-brimmed hat especially during the heat of summer.
11. I enjoy wearing the color orange.
Blogs that I nominate. Sorry if I’ve nominated you and you’ve already done this. And sorry if I’ve gone over the 200 followers limit.
1. Christopher Pollack Art
3. Space-Farm Continuum
4. Stephen Gingold Nature Photography Blog
6. Pen Sapiens
7. Eco Turtle Upcycling & Zero Waste
8. Jesse’s Long Walk
10. A Sawyer’s Daughter
11. Honest Wanderings
Protopian Pickle Jar’s 11 Questions for you:
1. Have you ever eaten anything you couldn’t identify? If so, what did it appear to be?
2. What is your favorite internet meme?
3. Are you owned by any non-humans? Please describe.
4. What is the strangest place you have ever visited?
5. How do you come up with new material for your blog?
6. I am an expert on (fill in the blank.) Explain.
7. What is your favorite beverage to drink while blogging?
8. What is your favorite inclement weather condition?
9. The first thing I check when I connect to the internet is:
10. What is the most interesting word you’ve encountered recently?
11. Socks with Sandals?
Tangents for this post:
Smooth Reentry’s investigation into Origins of the Liebster Award